Parts

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Tue Jul 31 05:20:00 EDT 2001

  Jim,

  A P.E.C is simply a R/C phase shift network used with
feedback to create a audio oscillator. The componet
values determine the frequency of the shift and
thus the audio frequency. The P.E.C in the Heath
gear can be duplicated on a small piece of pef board.
 The circuit is:

    input---C1----C2----C3----C4----C5---- output
                      R1      R2    R3     R4
                     gnd    gnd  gnd   gnd

  Whereas C1-C5 are 500 pf 5% silver mica caps
and R1-R4 are 470 K ohm 1/4 watt resistors.

73,  Mark  WB8JKR

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov