HW-12 tips?

Randy & Cara Randall crrandal at SEIDATA.COM
Fri Jun 1 19:17:58 EDT 2001

Hi Eddy,

I forgot in the days of solid state about that little trick of the 100W light bulb.
I used it years ago on my old DX-60A and it worked wonderfully.  I wonder why the
manual did not suggest it?

Thanks,
Randy.

Eddy Swynar wrote:

> Hi Randy...
>
> With a good pair of 6GE5's in the final cage, & everything properly lined
> up, when you speak into the mic (normal level) with a 100-watt light bulb
> dummy load (crude, but effective), the lamp should become SO bright on peaks
> that it makes you believe it'll "pop" at any time...
>
> At least that's the way it is with my HW-12A here...
>
> ~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

***

"They will tell you you can't sleep alone in a strange place,
Then they'll tell you you can't sleep with someone else,
Oh, but sooner or later you sleep in your own space,
Either way, it's okay, you wake up with yourself..." --Billy Joel-"My Life"

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov