CURIOUS

M. Kassay michael.kassay at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Jun 13 18:46:31 EDT 2001

Hi All....

       I myself enjoy collecting  and using the Heathkits that I have in my collection!

   A few years back I had a mint Kenwood TS-850 line up to which I recently sold off.  I
checked my log, and it showed that all of my QSO's were on Heath rigs.  So why keep the
big one around..... The Kenwood was nice, but there is something about a Heath !  Im not
sure if its the tone quality, the look or the glow...   Nevertheless,  it certainly makes
you smile talking about them !!

I have a few favorite rigs that I try to use as much as possible. ( SB-104, HW-9,
SB-102, SB-303 ect)
Many people ask me how I got started collecting Heath's....  I guess it goes back to the
late 60's early 70's when my dad dragged me out to many field days and ham shacks.  The
most popular rig of the day... Heathkit !   My first HF rig was the  Cheyenne and
Comanche... sold them off a few years later.  I guess the bug bit me in 93 when I picked
up my first HW-8 and the rest is history !

I would enjoy seeing  pictures of anyone's Heath collection.  If you have a pic that you
can Email me, and I will do the same in return !

73 Mike

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov