Rotary Switch - DX-60

RICHARD M BUTLER dicbutler at PRODIGY.NET
Sun Mar 18 15:08:42 EST 2001

Earle, I might add that I think I burned up the switch by adding a relay to use a PTT mike, I wired it so that if I left the DX-60 on standby the mic would change to Xmit and the switch did not have to be turned. This also allowed the switch to be used in the normal fashion.
Worked fine till I keyed it with the mic (and left the hand key in the jack) don't know if  that caused the problem or not!
Meanwhile,back to the drawing board.

                            73's, Dick K6TFC
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kl0nr at aol.com
  To: dicbutler at prodigy.net
  Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 4:55 AM
  Subject: Rotary Switch

  Hi. I have just went thru the same problem.  My solution:
  I had a five position wafer switch, new, it had 12 contacts per wafer and the
  center was split evenly, that is two center feed connections one top and one
  bottom with six contacts per half.  I mounted two wafers and wired it up.
  Works as good as the original did when it worked.  Working on a design to add
  a relay to switch the high voltage instead of running it thru the contacts on
  the rotary switch, thus saving the arcing and early switch demise.
  Earle

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov