Looking for SB Xtal filter shell.

Joe joeamp at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Mar 27 13:21:14 EST 2001

>Joe Please post info on building this 5KC AM filter. I've been trying to
find one for my 301 for about  >year with >no luck >73,Ed, kc2bya

I received many of these emails this morning....guess that's the end of my
chance of getting junker SSB filter but perhaps someone can find a way to
reproducing the slug tuned, center-tapped 115 uH
coil, (rather than go hunting to kill sets for SSB filters)

I last I made mine with a SSB filter someone had dropped that was rattling.

Ken over at http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/scanxtal.htm cuts rocks
cheap within 30 days

Credit for this go's to Jan Maldups, N8LQR of
Kalamazoo, MI
The Heath AM crystal filter, Part no. 404-314 consists of the following
parts:
2 each part no. 404-306 crystals, 3393.7 kHz
2 each part no. 404-307 crystals, 3396.8 kHz
2 each part no. 28-3 phenolic capacitors,  0.56 pF
1 each part no. 20-130 dipped mica capacitor, 12 pF
1 each part no. 40-814 slug tuned, center-tapped coil, 115 uH
1 each part no. 85-157 printed circuit board

I will try to verbally describe the schematic diagram for you:
Starting at the upper left hand corner, the IN terminal,  draw a line
horizontally to the right to the first 3396.8 kHz crystal.  Draw a 0.56 pF
capacitor in parallel with it.  Continue on horizontally to a 3393.7 kHz
crystal.  The other lead of this crystal is the OUT terminal.

Back at the IN terminal, draw a line downward and then to the right to a
3393.7 kHz crystal.  Continue on to a 3396.8 kHz crystal.  Connect the
remaining lead of this crystal to the OUT terminal.  Draw a 0.56 pF
capacitor in parallel with the 3396.8 kHz crystal.