SA-2060 Tuner Sensing Unit Calibration

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Mon May 14 23:58:23 EDT 2001

The capacitor adjustment is for whatever function is on the non-factory
calibrated units, like the old HM-102. It's been years, and I don't
remember...I think it was some kinda null.

As far as the Lo & Hi for & ref adjustments... we put a 'calibrated'
wattmeter we trusted in series with the meter being calibrated into a
dummy load of proper impedance.

Sufficient power is applied to give a decent deflection (2/3-scale or
more) of the meter, and if one is on the low power range, the Lo(w)
For(ward Power) pot is adjusted for a proper reading, and then the in
and out cables are reversed (unkey the rig first, folks) and then the
reverse scale will read forward power (you probably wouldn't have given
that much thought that unless you're the kind of person who wants to
know if speed-sensitive self-locking car doors work in reverse. [They
do...find some ice to spin your wheels on in reverse if you don't want
to back out of th edriveway at 15 mph).

Warm up your trusty linear (or non-linear, as it's key down cw), and
perform the same adjustments on the high range.

Murray

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov