Pet Peave of the Day!

john page n8blb at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 17 17:56:50 EDT 2001

     Well, I got to watch the last minute bidding first hand the other day.
A transmitter I wanted came up on Epay and I decided after getting beat out
of others at the last minute so many times, that this one belonged to me no
matter what. So. I did some some research to see how much this thing had
sold for before. I took the highest price and added some more. And put that
in as a bid early on and one time only. Not the lowest price I thought I
could get away with but a HIGH bid. Now comes the late bids. A little higher
than the price it was at that time. They got the dreaded OUTBID. They raised
it a little. OUTBID. this went on for the last five minutes of the bidding.
Several gave up and one soul kept trying until the end. I had only bid once
and early and I still got it for what I consider a fair price and for far
lower than the top price I had researched.      john