Pet Peave of the Day!

Jack Crenshaw jcrens at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri May 18 08:22:16 EDT 2001

Eddie, if I may be permitted to speak for Gary:  I think what he was
trying to say is that
radiobuff's speculation is way off base.

Gary and I both know the bidder that Harvey's talking about.  He is
no shill, and to accuse
him of being one, just from petulance for being outbid, is _WAY_ out
of line.  Growing
up and living in the real world is one thing; accusing people you
have never met and don't
know of being crooks is quite another.

The person in question is a very nice guy and a dedicated
Heathkitter.  More dedicated,
I would warrant, than you or anyone else making accusations; perhaps
more than any of
the rest of us on this list.  He loves building kits so much, he told
me that he sometimes
takes his Heathkits apart and puts them back together again, just for
the fun of doing it.

He loves building Heathkits, he loves using them, he loves collecting
them, he loves just
sitting there looking at them, and he seems to have both the time and
the money to
support his habit.  You may envy him -- you may even hate him -- for
being able to do
what you cannot, but that is a problem you must deal with.  Making
unfounded accusations
about a fellow Heathkitter is not a good choice for a plan to do
that.

Jack

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov