Heath TV

Harvey A. Kader optom at ATTGLOBAL.NET
Sun May 27 14:16:25 EDT 2001

Brian Wood wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> You ought to buy one of the old catalogs just to see the scope of what
> Heathkit offered - tv, stereo, cb, ham, shortwave, r/c, marine, test
> instrumentation, furniture, organs, educational, home electronics.
>
> The kits didn't take as long as you might think. I bet an HW-101 could be
> built in a few days, and I built that color tv in about 1-2 weeks. You have
> to understand that once you started a Heathkit, you really got into it.
> Everything else, even going to the bathroom, was secondary. It was a
> passion, nay, an obsession!
>
> Brian

Brian, I agree with you 100%! When I was a kid, I would spend literally ALL day in my
room(8:00AM-9:00PM) building those Heathkits.This would go on for days at a time. I would
not stop until the kit was built and working. Now that was real dedication for a kid.
This skill came in handy for real life when push came to shove! Harvey.

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov