Heathkit & Ramsey

Sandy W5TVW ebjr at I-55.COM
Thu Nov 1 09:02:02 EST 2001

Subject: Heathkit & Ramsey

> To Harvey and others:
>
> I used to work with the guy who once was a chief engineer with Ramsey.
> Please, there's no comparison between Heathkits and Ramsey kits...the
latter
> were mostly junk. Their wireless mikes got 'em in trouble big time, and no
> BS, they seriously violated the FCC's rules as intentional radiators, and
so
> the FCC had to crack down, as well they should. Ramsey had to re-group (he
> almost was completely shut down), and now I see he's still making a "go"
of
> it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave Kechkaylo, W8DLK/9

    This smacks of a "ban".  Something the government does to make
"The good suffer for the acts of the bad".  It also is easier for them to
simply "ban" something rather than attanpt to bring to justice the
violators!
    The same mindset that is applied to gun manufacturers because
people are using this instrument (the gun) to violate the law.
The FCC  should have cracked down on the violators instead
of giving Ramsey a hard time about it.  Obviously, they were lazy and
didn't want to be bothered with catching the "real" criminals!
    I don't think anyone will duplicate the unique place Heath carved
for itself.  I understand that Elecraft has a very good product,
but they will never rival the diversity of Heathkit in their kit
line!
    Just my .02 worth.
73,
Sandy W5TVW