No Comparison!

Mike Shelton sheltonm at PHYSICS.UNC.EDU
Thu Nov 1 09:25:57 EST 2001

I've built a lot of Heathkits and have serviced hundreds ,We have over a
a hundred pieces in labs here at UNC !, just in this building, and most get
used everyday! and some get toasted !! by students ocassionally. We have some
Ramsey kits her also and I do personally too. But there is no comparision in
My book!, Most all the Lab manuals are written with the Heath Equipment
listed  to be used and what results etc. Stick to the original spec's, it was
designed for a reason. My personal belief is that if Zenith had not "Milked
the Company" and the right person stepped in , Heath could still be
making some excellant  Kit Projects and  Excellant Test  Equipment. Maybe some
day I'll drag out one of my unbuilts and ......................... Enjoy!!
--
Mike Shelton CET.
   ke4lgx