Heathkit

Charles W. Morehouse w4gbw at BREVARD.NET
Thu Nov 1 20:04:37 EST 2001

Hi Folks,
Yes I am very sad over the probably Zenith caused demise of HeathKIT. An
institution such as that can never come back because the fantastic,
talented folks that made it happen can never be reassembled. It was a
cult or perhaps an happening that will never come our way again. Having
fun in retirement restoring some of the old ladies for my collection and
enjoyment. Started building Heathkits in the early 50's. I can recall
saving my paper route money and placing an order. The two or so weeks it
took to get it seemed like years. Can you remember the joy when the
postman brought you a box with Heathkit on it. Remember the fun of
putting all those bright shinny parts together? As Master Card
says..."Priceless".
Wayne;
W4GBW