No Comparison!

Harvey A. Kader optom at ATTGLOBAL.NET
Sun Nov 4 20:56:11 EST 2001

Mike Shelton wrote:

> I've built a lot of Heathkits and have serviced hundreds ,We have over a
> a hundred pieces in labs here at UNC !, just in this building, and most get
> used everyday! and some get toasted !! by students ocassionally. We have some
> Ramsey kits her also and I do personally too. But there is no comparision in
> My book!, Most all the Lab manuals are written with the Heath Equipment
> listed  to be used and what results etc. Stick to the original spec's, it was
> designed for a reason. My personal belief is that if Zenith had not "Milked
> the Company" and the right person stepped in , Heath could still be
> making some excellant  Kit Projects and  Excellant Test  Equipment. Maybe some
> day I'll drag out one of my unbuilts and ......................... Enjoy!!
> --
> Mike Shelton CET.
>    ke4lgx
> Electronic Technician III
> UNC-Chapel Hill

Mike, I know what you mean. There are tons of Heathkit test equipment in use for
decades in colleges and universities across North America. That these pieces of
equipment are still in use, and can "withstand" the rigours of student use/abuse
everyday, is a testimony to their quality and tank-like construction. Harvey.