"Reproduction" Calculator

Sandy W5TVW ebjr at I-55.COM
Tue Nov 6 00:24:05 EST 2001

Hello All,
    I have managed to reproduce the old Allied Radio Corporation
"Coil Winding Calculator".  This is a cardboard slide rule
device that can be used to figure the inductance of a given
coil if the diameter, length and turns per inch are known.
The other side is a "Resonance Calculator" for finding
combinations of L and C from 400 Khz thru 150 Mhz.
A wavelength/frequency conversion scale is also given.
    This device is VERY similar to the old ARRL
"Lightning Calculator" and probably very close
to the last "Lightning Calculator" made in slide-rule
form vs. the old circular form.
    I have four scanned color files (.gif) at a 600 dpi color
resolution.  I printed out the files on "file folder" cardboard
and constructed a reproduction calculator using the
printouts.  It isn't "original" but seems to work VERY well.
    For those of you who may be interested in trying to make
your own, I'd be happy to forward the files.  It would be convenient
if someone could supply a web site that I could upload it to
so it can be accessed at the downloader's convenience.
73,
Sandy W5TVW