Need help

Dale Schunke dwendells_ at EXCITE.COM
Mon Nov 12 17:15:10 EST 2001

A school teacher in Tampa Bay needs help.  As stated in my heathkit web
page, I am closing out my collection of electronics "junk" and am unable to
help him.  He is not a member of this list; I offered to help him out.  If
any one/all can help him, I know it would be appreciated.

Please write to him directly, and if you are so inclined, send me a copy as
I would like to track the progress of this project.  I am not a ham; the
hams I've known are a bunch of great guys who enjoy helping someone in the
time of need and I don't think you guys are any different.

Here is his message to me:

"My H.S. students are spending their lab hours on simple electronics
projects. They've done the usual with xtal sets and a few have begun
constructing solid state amps using kits.  Several want to put together tube
amps, so I've purchased an old Winston three-tube amp with 12AU6, 50C5 &
35W4 tubes, and an off/on-volume control to use as a template.  I have
scrounged project boxes (baking pans), boards (3/4" wood with solder covered
screw heads), wire, fuse holders, a few transformers from blown PA speakers
and four of the 50C5 tubes.  I have a good enough supply of all but one of
the needed resistors, but no applicable capacitors.
Do you have any of the following for sale?

12au6    (7)
50C5     (3)
35W4    (7)

7-pin bases (21)

135 Ohm   7 W  (7)  ...these are tan-colored rectangular solids about 1.25"
x .25'

47 (mu)F  350 V       (14)  ...blue cylinders "xcion"
22 (mu)F  450 V       (7)            "
.05 MFD  400 V DC  (7)    ...white ceramic cylinders 1.25" long, .25"
diameter
.05 MFD  400 WV    (7)    ...orange paper-covered cylinders .75" long, .3"
diameter "Cosmic"

If you're interested in the sale, please let me know your prices as soon as
possible.
Also, If you're interested on the level of advice or admonitions please have
at it.

Thanks,

David Chittum
ochittum at tampabay.rr.com"

Dale
"May the starch in your underware soften soon"