SB-400 Question:

Mark Johnson/Ontario/IBM mjohnson at CA.IBM.COM
Mon Nov 12 18:19:45 EST 2001

Hi Dave....I struggled with the same problem..With replacing ALL tubes, and
a very careful alignment I got 80-15 up to about 100-90 watts and the four
10 meter bands were a comprimise at about 30 to 50 watts. I finally picked
the exact mid point of the 10 meter band , did the alignment and got a
reasonable power spread over the band.....Example, 1st 10 meter band at 35
watts, next band at 40 watts, next (mid point) 50 watts, last band, 35
watts...Never got full 80 watts out across the band....I did what you did,
measured grid drive, all DC voltages, etc.....Never found a specifc
problem...I had that rig on the bench countless times scoping, and
hunting......Finally resigned myself to "working as designed".......I also
had the optional crystal pack installed so I never had to test/trouble
shoot with the SB-300 hooked up....

Rig works OK, made many many contacts on CW & SSB...on all bands.....

Please let me know how you make out and maybe share what responses you get
on this note.....

Mark V. Johnson
VE3DJU/VE3DDI

"Kechkaylo Dave (ATLINKS)" <KechkayloD at TCE.COM>@LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV> on
11/12/2001 04:55:16 PM

Please respond to "Kechkaylo Dave (ATLINKS)" <KechkayloD at TCE.COM>

Sent by:  Heathkit Owners and Collectors List <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>