HW-101 Tubes

Richard H. Arland rarland at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Nov 30 19:38:37 EST 2001

Craig and Gang:

I replied to Lew directly, and I'll briefly restate what I passed to him.

The 6146W was a military ruggedize version of the 6146 designed for use primarily
with the KWM-2A transceivers used by all brances of the DoD, but in particular
with the USAF in their MARS, Giant Talk, and Mobile Comm units.

These tubes are extremely rugged and once installed and properly neutralized will
literally last forever. They are slightly de-rated for power output...something
around 75 or 80 watts, if memory serves. They can be used with virtually any
transmitter that uses 6146s in the PA. Again, the proper neutralizing procedures
must be applied.

I have used the "W" version in my HW-101 and my SB-101 over the years with no
problems what so ever.

73 Rich K7SZ