SB 303/Collins

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Mon Oct 1 11:52:05 EDT 2001

I never liked the audio and noise floor on the -303....I found a
friend's really fatiguing to listen to, but I had a -301 and it was one
of my favorite weak signal dx-ing receivers. Only thing I didn't like
was that the filters weren't as bulletproof as my R4-C with dual IF
crystal filters...but that's not a fair comparison.

I always found the S-line to be easy to listen to for long hours, except
the 200 Hz mechanical filter put a brutal edge on cw audio...easy
copying but harsh on ears during long-hour contests.

Murray