HW-100 mod

Bill Ramsey ka8wtk at RAEX.COM
Thu Oct 11 12:23:54 EDT 2001

Gareth & Stu,
  The meter on mine rests below zero when in transmit but does jump up on voice peaks. The mod was to allow the meter to rest closer to zero on transmit and move further up the scale on voice peaks. The variable resistor was for "fussy" folks.
  I wasn't going to be all that fussy, just wanted to have more of an indication of modulation. As written, in my experience, the mod does not work. You end up with a needle pinned below zero on transmit and receive that won't adjust. Could just be me and my interpretation of the mod.
  Stu, have you actually had success with the mod using the variable pot?

        Thanks,

                    Bill