Differences between SB-300 and SB-301?

Dave Ellison deellison at USWEST.NET
Sun Oct 14 13:10:47 EDT 2001

Hello all,

I have recently arranged to purchase a fully loaded
SB-300 receiver - has both 2m and 6m converters,
and also has all three filters.

I have in my shack an SB-301 with only the SSB
filter.  It works fine as well.

I'm planning to run it with my SB-401 transmitter in
transceive mode, as well as stand-alone (The SB-401
has the crystal pack).

So my question:  Would it be worth the effort to move
the filters and converters from the SB-300 to the SB-301
to gain the assumed improvement in model?  What
are the primary differences between the two?  Or is
it just as well to just use the SB-300 with my SB-401
and sell off the SB-301 as it sits?

Thanks for your opinions.

Dave WB7AWK
www.Boatanchors.com