Differences between SB-300 and SB-301?

Bill Coleman aa4lr at ARRL.NET
Mon Oct 15 08:37:45 EDT 2001

On 10/14/01 6:51 PM, Eddy Swynar at gswynar at DURHAM.NET wrote:

>The '301 also has an effective noise blanker.

When I had a 301 back in the 70s. I don't remember a noise blanker. It
had a noise LIMITER, however, that was accessed by pulling the AF gain
knob out.

>All-in-all, I think the SB-301 is one of those unheralded gems that one day
>will be better appreciated when all of the high end stuff from the era
>(a.k.a. "expensive") gets REALLY out of sight, price-wise...

I think it depended on who built it. My 301 was bought used, and whoever
built it didn't do such a tremendous job. I always had a problems around
the socket of the BFO/Detector compactron.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901