Now they're going crazy!

Paul Hendershott pjhend at AMERITECH.NET
Wed Oct 17 06:14:40 EDT 2001

Personally I think these "collectors" must have an "Iron Will". Unless they just
collect un-built Heathkits as an investment, I would guess that they have have a
passionate love for them. And to sit there and look at them on the shelf month
after month and resist the temptation to rip the box apart and start melting
solder with reckless abandon, shows incredible self-control and self-denial! I can

only guess that they have a support group they all go to - discussing how they
almost
broke the factory seal on the box, or how good it would feel to just melt some
solder and see a tube glow for the first time! I honestly don't know where they
find the strength - for I am a weaker man. Yes, I'll admit it. I've never met a
toroid
I didn't want to wind. For me, I'm forever happy to devalue my HW-101 from
$2,500 down to $200. The satisfaction of a successful radio project is easily
worth
the difference. I guess I'll just keep taking it "one day at a time" until I
overcome my
compulsion to "build".
73
Paul            kb9yvp