SB 200 cont.

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Wed Oct 31 20:33:18 EST 2001

  Hi John,

  The one major problem with the input circuits on the
Heath amps is the network Q is too low. That's why
you can't find a proper point in tuning and it doesn't
provide a Z match. Just for the sake of trying, I would
install a 47 pf capacitor from L1 (coil CA) lug 1 to
ground, and change the output capacitor C36 from 68 pf
to a 56 pf, and retune the coil. You may have to remove
one turn from the coil, or spread the turns. You
could even use a small 10-100 pf trimmer in the place of
the output capacitor C36

  I think this will provide a start point for you to get the
input match down.

73,  Mark  WB8JKR