Proper way to redo engraved lettering with "Lacquer sticks"

shadow shadow at GILROY.COM
Mon Sep 3 14:34:17 EDT 2001

This is a copy of a reply I posted to a news group.
Maybe it will he some of the Heath group also...

Hi All...
I will make a suggestion and maybe this will help cute your problem....

Rather the using the lacquer stick.
There is a liquid and dry power form of paint. That is used by some gun manufactures, owners on the lettering
and engraving. On fire arms the engraving and stampings are very shallow and fine. I know it comes in gold,
silver and white. Found at larger gun shops and gun shows. It works Excellent...  Unfortunately I need to buy
some more, so I can not give you the name or manufacture. But I'm sure, not many manufacture it and a good sales
man will be able to help you... It is very simple to use and I have had Great results with it in the past...

Gary