HW 101 audio

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Mon Sep 3 16:39:40 EDT 2001

  Fran,

  Assuming the rig is running properly, I just spent some
time with a HW-101 and the majority of the RX audio
problem is low BFO injection to the product detector
and high I.F. input to the product detector. Make the
following changes and you'll see a VAST improvement:

 Change C17 on the modulator board to a 100 pf S.M.
 Change R-123 on the I.F. board to to 150 ohms
 Change C-306 on the Audio circuit board to .01 ufd.
 Change R-113 on the I.F. board to 10 K ohm.

  These mods lower the I.F. drive to the product detector,
increase the BFO drive to the product detector and improve
low frequency response of the audio stage a bit.

  73,  Mark  WB8JKR