The Day's Events...

Harold Hairston k4hca at ALLTEL.NET
Wed Sep 12 17:39:27 EDT 2001

Eddy;

I think that you express quite accurately how most Palestinians feel. And with
good reason. However, Americans have not gunned-down their sons and
daughters.When they viscously attack us in the manner of the World Trade Center
and Washington, where the toll in death will likely reach 35,000 not to mention
untold thousands maimed and injured, they have to pay and pay for a long time.
Certainly, their hands are as bloody as the Israelis.

I wonder what your thoughts are as to why the Palestinians (Actually, this may
not have been Palestinians, right) did not/do not attack the Israelis-their arch
enemy- in the same manner as they did the U.S.? My thoughts are that they
realize that the Israelis will strike swiftly and thouroughly and not
necessarily at the target that the attack came from. We have to create the same
sense of fear in them that we will do like-wise. Otherwise, they will continue
to terrorize us with more and more World Trade Center-like attacks. What is
next, a nuclear weapon in  the Super Bowl or chemicals in our water supplies?
They are not through, make no mistake about it, they are capable. This is the
beginning of a long series of attacks unless we act.

No, as barbaric as it seems to some of us, we must eradicate this potential
cancer once and for all (Of course, we are doing the Israelis a favor). It is a
war they have declared and we must also declare war on world-wide terrorism.

I appreciate and respect your comments. Unfortunately, Americans are not
responsible for the plight of the Palestinians.

Harold