List Admin - List set to reply to the real sender.

Jim Larsen AL7FS AL7FS at POBOX.ALASKA.NET
Wed Sep 19 14:38:29 EDT 2001

I don't know what Dave's answer will be on this but if you have been on
Yahoo lists, it is a royal pain to have private notes go back to the
whole list.  Plus you have people leaving all the prior post attached
and the archives get bigger and bigger plus you get comments that fall
in the "who cares" category.

An example occurs on a list I am on for building a QRP rig.  Different
folks are building up little mini-kits of parts.  When they put out the
call for who wants one, if the author doesn't make if very, very clear
that folks should use FORWARD and then add in the 1st author's email
address, you get 20-50 replies to the list saying, "I'll take one".
<sound of teeth grinding>

If I want a response here to go to the whole list, I just have to use
question that I simply must know all the answers, I just email the 1st
person who asked the question to share his info personally or if he
wants, to the list as a summary.  I would have to say that in 6 years on
lists, not one person has refused to share the personal email responses.

Whew!  I don't normally post anything to the list...a lurker if you
will.  Hmmmm....I guess I must have an emotional attachment to this
subject.  :-)

Best to all.

73, Jim
Jim Larsen,  AL7FS,  Anchorage, Alaska