FS: Heath Decade Condenser Box, Reduced

van lincoln wd8aam vlincoln at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Sep 20 11:33:39 EDT 2001

According to a older person I talked to in Benton Harbor last year,
that had worked at and/or knew about Heathkit ooperations in the
early years, the wooden cases were handmade in the local area by
a small shop, and sold as optional cases for the equipment.

In my opinion, they are highly collectible, and there are not very many to be
found, as they were pretty much handmade in small quantities.
The dovetail jointing is a work of art.

As a 'side note', some of the later speaker cases, and other wooden products
that heath sold (including some furniture I believe) were also
prototyped/kitted
in the same local area woodshops.  Don't forget, Grand Rapids Michigan
is/was a large
furniture manufacturing area in years past, and was only two hours north of
Heathkit.

van  wd8aam

Ed, Terry, others, please fill in the gaps................