FS: Heath Decade Condenser Box, Reduced

Fred Olsen fwolsen at EXECPC.COM
Thu Sep 20 12:00:25 EDT 2001

> "Dwight D. Smith Sr" wrote:
> I don't know much about the early Heath items but I did pick up a TC-2 Teube
> Tester in the wooden case.  The panel is gray but has white lettering,

Dwight, that's the same model, just from about '55 or later.  The dark
gray and white version was '55 through '59 or so; then came the TC-3 in
a metal case.

Dale Wentz has a pic of a TC-1 which should look a lot like your TC-2 in
layout.  (All TC-1s were 'red-line'.)
http://www.fvh.accessus.net/~dwentz/heathkit/matrix/tc1.jpg

Note that the picture of a TC-2 posted on his site is actually a TC-2P
("portable" case).  I have the impression that many of the errors on
Dale's site are due to the original contributors rather than mistakes on
Dale's part.  It's still a great resource.

Fred