AT1 Question

Jim Cates WA6GER at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 27 12:58:34 EDT 2001

I bought one at a swap meet last Saturday.  No manual of course so need a
copy, but I see a source on the net, $15.00.  With that I should solve a
question but curiousity prompts going to the group.  There is a hole in each
corner of the bottom, like it was for installing rubber feet.  But the holes
are larger than I would think for that, unless Heath used small bolts.  Is
that what the holes are for?

The front panel of this AT1 is 99.725% mint, but there is a stain on the top
of the cabinet.  It is round and looks like from a leaky cup of something.  I
suppose that it is in the paint now and removal impossible, particularly not
knowing what was the substance.  Repainting is beyond my skill level, so when
I get a manual copy I will put it on top and thereby cover the stain. (hi)
And anyway, I need to remove the unit from the case and see what's inside.
At least nothing rattles, and I suppose best to remove the tubes and use a
variac on power-up?

My life is an open book, don't care what anyone knows or thinks because I am
too old to care, and besides the government and Corporate American know more
about me than I do, not to mention that I ramble.  Sorry., So will tell you
that I paid $100 for the thing, the asking price.  Was from an estate, money
to the widow, and I would give her a hundred dollars if she needs it, so no
desire to haggle the price.  Don't know if this was a good buy or not, but
don't care.  It is only the second AT1 that I have ever seen in all these
years of my love/hate relationship with HeathKits, beginning in 1958;

Respectfully submitted,

jim, WA6GER