RIT/XIT Redux

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Fri Apr 5 18:03:32 EST 2002

Oops. Forgot to get into the RIT/XIT stuff that was the title of the last
post that some of you commented on...

Even though I have dual rcv on my FT-1000MP, I use the XIT function to chase
dx that's operating up. By also hitting the RIT button, you can listen on
the XIT freq, which allows you to tune around with the RIT/XIT dial until
you find the guy the dx is working, then turn off the RIT and listen to the
dx do a QRZ. Then you can tail-end the guy he just worked and nail him. It
works very well, although it didn't work with VP9DI because he was listening
well above 10 KHz, the range of the RIT/XIT. You can do the same thing with
the dual xcvrs, but sometimes RIT/XIT is just handier.