RIT/XIT

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Fri Apr 5 17:55:29 EST 2002

OK, OK. Those of you who have been on the list for a while know I've written
a business plan for the resurrection of Heathkit's kit line on a very
limited basis. Radio communications happens to be one area of interest. I am
building a prototype of a new rig that they could introduce as their first
product. I have nicknamed it the SB-105 because of my fondness for the SB
series, but it will bear very little resemblance to that line. I hope to
present the business plan and the proto to them in a couple of months. I
think the odds are low, to be honest, but if no one tries, the odds are 0.
So I'm going to try. I can't tell you too much about the rig without tipping
my hand to competitors who may be lurking here, but I will say that it will
be a fairly easy to build kit, and it will be very cool, and it will compete
very favorably with everything on the market including the soon to be
released Ten-Tec Orion. It will have an architecture that no one in the
market currently has or is likely to have. If Heathkit is not interested, I
may try Ten-Tec or I may try to start a new kit company. That's all I can
say. Wish me luck.