Article in Scientific American May 2002 on tinkering.

WYsixK wy6k at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 19 11:11:47 EDT 2002

I followed up on some of the things that are mentioned in this article
and found a pretty healthy embedded processor sub-culture at Circuit
Cellar.  Not much of it is radio related, but it is homebrewing.  So
here are 30,000 guys that would have been hams in an earlier era when
communication was the frontier activity.

  http://www.circuitcellar.com/

Michael

http://taxes.yahoo.com/