pi-net question

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Thu Apr 25 14:34:52 EDT 2002

have a question for those here familiar with the coil and variable caps
in the
SB/HW line tank circuit.   Knowing the size of the coil and its
construction and
the caps in the output circuit, how much power do you think the
components
could handle?
     The reason I ask is that I have those two variables and the coil
and an thinking
of making an antenna matchbox out of them.  Could they handle the power
put out
by an sb 200?  Would I even need a matchbox?  After all, the sb 200 (and
the 30L-1)
has its own pi-network .... but I notice the advice is not to run into
an antenna with
a greater than 2:1 swr... the 30L-1 says that specifically in its
manual.
Since you can pratically load bed springs and a wet noodle with a
pi-net, why
the caution on those amps which both have pi-net outputs?
Ray  wa7itz