SB-104A receive alignment

John Farrington jfarr at LIVINGSTON.NET
Wed Aug 7 00:45:34 EDT 2002

H Hugh Flint wrote on the Heath list:

>I need a copy of the SB-104A "G" front-end board  alignment procedure.
>Un-fortunately all of the manuals and information I have pertain to the
>older original version SB-104 board.
>
>Obviously much of the alignment procedure is the same, however it would
>be most helpful to have the board and the information jive...
>
>Thanks to anyone who can help!
>
>Hugh Flint - KF7LN
>hflint at skyride.net

The 104-A's "G" receiver front-end board was a completely different design
from the one in the original 104, and was shipped from the factory
preassembled and prealigned; there were no alignment instructions in the
SB-104A manuals.

No doubt Heath had an in-house service manual, but I've never heard of its
being released to the public. If anyone has access to a copy, I'd
appreciate their letting me know if copies can be made.

Even with the service procedures for the G board, I would think that
getting the bandpass shapes right for all its filters would require more
and better test equipment than most people have at home.

73

KE5ZB