SB-104A receive alignment

Kechkaylo Dave (ATLINKS) KechkayloD at TCE.COM
Wed Aug 7 10:14:55 EDT 2002

Dear Hugh:

The SB-104A Operation manual outlines a complete parts list and alignment
procedure for the SB-104A receiver front end board "G" (No. 85-1931-1). This
is all listed on pages 2-94 thru 2-97 for the SB-104A Operation manual (my
manual is No. 595-1994-04). You can follow this procedure. If you have
access to a signal generator and AC voltmeter, alignment is easier and more
complete over that described in the manual. Alignment of the 8.395 to 8.895
1st IF bandpass filter (adjustment of C746, C748, and C751) is a bit touchy,
but it can be done.

I remember these boards being stuffed and aligned while I was at Heath.
There were a few fall-outs (sensitivity spec), and most problems were solved
by shotgunning the four hot carrier diodes until the mixer worked well
enough to pass spec.

If you need anything else, just scream.

Regards,

Dave Kechkaylo, W8QIZ