Heathkit Manual Right from Heath

Freeberg, Scott (STP) Scott.Freeberg at GUIDANT.COM
Fri Aug 9 14:39:31 EDT 2002

Sometime in the early 1990's I purchased a Heath GR-81.  This was before the internet and so I didn't know there was a whole bunch of BA enthusiasts out there nor that manuals might be available.

I called up Heath Co and asked if I could buy a manual for the GR-81.  I suppose it was gutsy to call about a manual for a 30 some year old radio.  The lady said she would send me something.  A week later a large manila envelope arrived in the mail.  In it was a copy of the GR-81 manual.  The funny thing was there are maybe 10 or 12 staple hole sets in it, suggesting they would pull the staple, make a copy, then restaple and put it back in the drawer :^)))   I was always curious if they sent me the last copy of the manual as they went out of business.

I still have the manual in the envelope :^)

73,  Scott WA9WFA