Heathkit HR-1680 bulbs

Gerald C. Lemay w1id at FCGNETWORKS.NET
Thu Aug 22 14:57:59 EDT 2002

Before you go any further, measure the voltage at the bulb sockets to make
sure it is not over voltage. I don't have the manual right now but +V
should be in the vicinity of 12 to 13 volts. Others may correct me on this.
I would also expect to see anywhere from 16 to 18 VDC at the input to the
regulator (based on design experience). Since both lamps are burned out and
it appears that a lot of extra heat was generated next to the plastic
parts, that might be evidence of a blown regulator which is passing on the
full voltage appearing at the regulator input. Unfortunately the BAMA
website does not have the manual but there are other sources on the web
where you may be able to purchase a manual.