More Help Needed on SB-401

E. Jerold Forwood e.j.forwood at JUNO.COM
Mon Dec 2 12:27:47 EST 2002

I have the same problem with my SB-401.  You can tap anywhere on the rig
and get it to the grid current reading to fluctuate.  You can also get it
to move by keying and un-keying.  You can also get it to change by
changing the meter switch.  I have determined that it is most probably
the meter switch.  I just watch the scope on my SB-614 and the output
meter on my SA-2060 antenna tuner and don't worry about it. I Guess it
depends on how paranoid you are.  TUNE FOR MAXIMUM SMOKE!!  Hi! Hi!
73's de Jerry KØEJF

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 01:14:02 EST Dan Pividal N4VET <OTAKEBI at AOL.COM>
writes:
> I have now noticed that the grid fluctuates on the meter as I tap on
> the
> boards.
> The plate does not show any movement when I tap.
> I have checked all tubes and tube pins.
> I have cleaned relays.
> I have sprayed contact cleaner on all controls.
> And, I have checked ground on the boards.
> I added additional ground wires to the trace on the boards and
> connected them
> to ground.
> I have subed all tubes.
> What is causing this problem must be the size of a hair.
> And, must be a part that vibrates at the slightest of taps and it
> controls
> grid cur.
> This is a real mystery.
> Dan