HW-100 with intermittent noise on receive

Bernie Murphy bernard.murphy at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Dec 5 19:46:18 EST 2002

Howard:

If you have not already done so, clean the relay contacts.

You can pry the lids off the relays without breaking the plastic covers  (if
you patient and careful).

Cut some heavy white bond paper into thin strips and run these strips back
and forth over the relay contacts.  You should see "gunk" on the paper.
There is a whole  "religious cult" on how to clean relay contacts so I won't
go there.

Next,  tighten down all the hardware holding down the boards.  One
suggestion was to even undo the screws, lift the boards carefully and make
sure that there is a nice clean ground for the boards. Tighten everything
down snug once you are done.  Floating ground points can drive you around
the bend!

Let us know if the above suggestions help solving your problem.

73, Bernie