Off subject

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Dec 7 22:02:06 EST 2002

I guess we're into a matter of semantics now...

I don't see the difference between -

"Adjust PLATE for plate current dip and adjust LOAD for maximum power
out.  Do this alternately until there is no further increase in power output."

- AND -

"tune for maximum output" assuming RF TUNE, PLATE and TUNE are the
operative controls, and the final is properly neutralized.

Actually, Drake later issued a change saying to keep final plate current to
a maximum of 340 mA, presumably to comply with FCC regulations regarding
purity of emissions.

Certainly a small fan to exhaust the hot air away from the final
compartment will go a long way to increase the life of final tubes, regardless.

None of which has anything to do with my original statement that running a
final at reduced plate loading results in increased screen current which
applies to both 6JB6's and 6146's!

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta