I thought that I had seen everything on ebay....

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Tue Dec 10 21:54:50 EST 2002

If you think this is crazy and you want to see big bucks spent on boxes,
look at the Lionel and American Flyer train collectors. Some of them
will pay more for the box than the piece that goes in the box even if
the ends are falling off (provided the ends are still with the box since
that identifies it). Lionel collectors have even gone as far as
reproducing boxes marked for a particular piece. On older trains, they
are worth considerably more when in the original box. Old Star wars
figures are worth a lot if they are unopened. Poor kid-his parents
wouldn't let him play with his toys! same with matchbox cars (how many
kids kept the boxes?)

Although this one is a bit far fetched, stuff goes for more when in the
original boxes or packaging. But as far as an this particular Heathkit
and it's collectability...who cares??

Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK                    http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#23 - 75 Meter SSB*

            ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor Collector Extraordinaire preferring Hallicrafters, National
and what ever else looks interesting!