Heathkit service tech pranks

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Fri Dec 13 22:32:06 EST 2002

I was the subject of a rather cruel joke when I first started working at the
Radio
Shack service center.   We all had TV monitors on our benches...  to watch TV
while we worked.... or to use with our Color Computers as monitors....
     Well... I came in to work one day.... powered up the bench... and my TV
screen was awash in a swirl of patterns and colors.    I tried all kinds of
things
to figure out what was wrong and to fix it...  Finally I decided the TV had bit
the dust... so I started to ask for a replacement when the techs next to me
busted
out laughing...
     Seems they had taken a rather large speaker magnet and hid it on the other
side of the side panel of my bench...  the magnet field would screw up the TV
picture every time it was placed in its normal position....  kind of like a
degaussing coil
type pattern....