UNBUILT Heathkit H89 Computer Kit & Software - $526.77

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Wed Feb 6 11:57:14 EST 2002

My modified text: I forgot the words  "or worth" and  "today".

You can't
ever build the kit because it's value [ ADD: or worth ]as a completed kit
(in pristine
condition, as new, etc.)  [ ADD: today ] would fall at the high value of
a unit assembled
20, 30, or 40 years ago.

My point was that a H89 computer and its accessories, whether it was
built yesterday or 10 or 15 years ago, doesn't have any more value. It's
a door stop in today's computer world. What drives the price through the
roof is the insane desire or the notion that "time" will drive the
unbuilt kit price even higher. Sort of reminds me of the late nineties in
the stock market and we all know what happened with that.

Truly these people who pay these insane prices for unbuilt kits must
desire to be "legends in their own mind".

Pete