UNBUILT Heathkit H89 Computer Kit & Software - $526.77

Steve restonham at YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 6 14:16:14 EST 2002

Unless my memory has mangled this, I believe an
unassembled HW-9 went for well over $1,000 on e-bay
during the past year.  Before they closed their retail
outlets, Heathkit was selling them for well under $200
with the WARC pack.  Used assembled ones often sell
for as much as $300 these days.

It's all in the eye of the beholder - for me, there is
no real point in keeping an unassembled kit that is
technologically outdated when you could have the fun
of building it and putting it on the air.  But that's
just me - I do collect stamps - most folks just put
them on envelopes :-).

72/73,

Steve, N4EUK
Reston, VA