UNBUILT Heathkit H89 Computer Kit & Software - $526.77

Don Peterson Don at D8APRO.COM
Wed Feb 6 13:54:35 EST 2002

O.K.  It's not often that I have to throw in my "two cents", but here goes.

P.T. Barnum once stated that there is "one" born every minute.  With the internet
age, it is now possible to access every "one" of these people with great efficiency.
 eBay is a great example of people that have more "money" than "sense".

As long as Heathkit does not come back to life as did Michael Jordan, you can
bet that prices will continue to climb for un-assembled kits.  Being a "die-hard"
Heathkit collector, I have tracked the prices of Heathkits on eBay over the
past 4 years.  I've also read the notices on this same forum of individuals
that couldn't understand why un-assembled Heathkits were then selling for "up
to $100".  This was four years ago.  Now I've seen an un-assembled AT-1 that
sold for $5000.

I admit that I am one of those "speculators".  I am letting my un-assembled
Heathkits "age", right next to my cases of Rothschilds.

When I finally retire, I expect that my Heathkit collection will fare much better
than my Social Security does.

Don