Vernier Dial?

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Wed Feb 6 20:51:48 EST 2002

SOMETIMES, if you're CAREFUL, you can gently squeeze the steel crimps to
tighten the pressure on the ball bearings (I assume you're talking about
a Heath Jackson drive - you didn't make it clear.)

Too tight and it'll end up with a 'lumpy' or gritty feel, not enough and
you're no worse off.

You probably can't make it like new - the reason it's loose is because
something has worn.

I've heard of people putting more silicone grease in but you have to
know what kind and where to get it.  I haven't seen the stuff since the
days of turntables with viscous damped cueing for the tonearm (needle
for you Victrola-types).

Murray