Gates batteries

Sandy W5TVW ebjr at I-55.COM
Wed Feb 6 20:54:07 EST 2002

Subject: Re: Gates batteries

> Gates made lots of nicad batteries for military use.  They also were
> used in the Miniscope,  I have a Miniscope and have replaced then twice
> in 25 years!
>
> 73

The Gates batteries were not Ni-CADs, they were sealed lead-acid batteries.
I liked them MUCH better than Ni-Cad cells to as they lasted longer,
retained a charge longer and I still have some going that are "G"
cells (5 A/H ones) as well as "D" (2.5 A/H ones).  Very good batteries.
The only thing I have seen that appear to be "competition" to them
is the newer Ni-MH batteries that are in use now.  My lusk with them has
been excellent as well and they are getting cheaper and cheaper!
73,
Sandy W5TVW