SB301/401 ssb spotting in separate operation

Gareth Gammon ggammon at QLYNX.COM
Sat Feb 16 09:58:40 EST 2002

I  know this is going to sound like a stupid question to may
of you but.......here goes anyway!

I am using an SB301/401 as separate rx/tx and am having
problems
setting the tx frequency to the rx one in ssb mode. CW is no
problem.
I use my HR10B/DX60B/HG10B combo on AM and again no problems
spotting.

Using ssb on the twins, however, I am always off frequency.
I haven't
got the hang of where to set the tx to be on. The best I can
get is close
and even a few hundred cycles off is too much. I have have
always operated ssb using transceivers,
but never separate rx/tx units. The old analog dials just
don't come close enough to just match up the two dial
readings. Any tips on how to use the spot function in ssb
operation? The manuals seem mute on the subject.

Thanks
Gareth VE7CGG