FS: HW-8, etc

Joe Lutz kwz99 at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Feb 20 22:33:44 EST 2002

HW-8 w/HS-24 Speaker - Very Nice - Unit was aligned
prior to my buying it  and I have yet to use it!  Copy of
manual + CQ review dtd 1977 by K8EEG/0,  Super
Modified HW-8 Contest Machine dtd 1977 also by
K8EEG, HW-8 R.I.T. P.C. Board Clarifications a CQ
article, along with others which includes The Hot Water
Handbook First Edition dtd 1985 [a very good copy].
Also the original manual for the HS-24.  Also included
is a HWA-7-1 Power supply.  The  HW-8
looks real good, all I can see is a small scratch on the front by the
dial.  The HW-7-1 has a place that looks as if someone tried to
remove something from the front by rubbing it off, and it also has
the Callsign and SN? on the back of the unit.  $145.00 Shipped.

73,
Joe

I have a friend that I worked with while still with the government and
living in Va that knew that I was looking for a HW-8, of course to have
a good QRP rig.  He had/has a friend that had two HW-8's and he
contacted him to get one for me.  I had to wait until the gentleman
went through the unit and realigned it/etc.  However, as the posting
states - I have yet got around to use it, and my QRP operation will
be more that satisfied when I get my SB-104A station on the air.
[I used that down in VA and thought it was really neat that all I had
to do is push the button to go from 100W - or more if the 230 is
used - down to 1W].  Your email also made me realize that I do have
the power supply for it - the HWA-7-1 [that went with a HW-7 I
no long have].  If you can use that - which I think you can - throw in
another $20 and I will ship the pkg to you for 145.00.  If you would like I
can take pictures of it and send them to
you later on this evening.  Let me know and thanks for the interest.
73,
Joe